Go Nagai Net

[VINT] Goldrake Grendizer Goldorak art book Jérôme Alquié

« Older   Newer »
U.F.O
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 11:21     +1   -1

Jérôme Alquié is a french artist and fan of Grendizer better known for having done the art on the much controversed Grendizer french DVDs of DECLIC, but before that he has done a very comprehensive Art book of about 220 pages 40 pages of them color posters and the rest in black and white, after much searching on the web, I only got some pictures of it, I hope to find the totality one day , it is hard to find since we think that only 30 copies were printed and Jérôme gave some of the copies to people like Shingo Araki :
A collage of some pages from the book including the cover:
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11

By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By ufo70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By ufo70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11

The Cover:
By UFO70 at 2010-11-11

Edited by isotta72 - 21/2/2011, 14:11

U.F.O
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 11:58     +1   -1

And here is his art on the french DECLIC DVDs:

And here is the art used for the DVD menus:

The 3 Boxes Spines:

The ads:

Edited by U.F.O - 11/11/2010, 13:43

isotta72
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 12:04     +1   -1

UFO... :face8.gif: :face8.gif:

What a great gift!

We have seen those images here and there on web, but never knew about the author, if my memory doesn't fail.

That's a great present you give us!

:goldrake:

view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 13:19     +1   -1

Ill.mo Fil. della Girella

Group:
Bannati

So, the name of this wonderful pictures is a Frenchman named Jerome Alquie? I'd like to know the address to send him a letter of thanks ... THESE PICTURES ARE WONDERFUL! :face8.gif:

I liked if should be possible to buy that book! :face8.gif: Pity that there are a few copies... :29784128hj5.gif:

I had seen some of these drawings on the net, but I could never find out who was the author. I thought it was KENJI PHILIPPE D'AMBROSIO: I saw his name in a beautiful picture of the enemies of Grendizer that I photographed this year at Lucca Comics: unfortunately, the picture was covered by plastic ... :29784128hj5.gif:

Here's the photo:

Do you know anything about this author? :huh.gif:

You have been exceptional, UFO ... thank you so much for posting these wonderful drawings! (I had already said, wonderful? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )

THANKS! :nagai:

Dunque il nome di questi STUPENDI disegni è un francese di nome Jerome Alquie? Vorrei proprio conoscere il suo indirizzo per mandargli una lettera di ringraziamenti...CHE DISEGNI STUPENDI!!! :face8.gif:

Fosse possibile acquistare quel libro! :face8.gif:

Avevo visto alcuni di questi disegni in rete ma non ero mai riuscito a scoprire chi fosse l'autore. Credevo che fosse PHILIPPE KENJI D'AMBROSIO: ho visto il suo nome in un bellissimo disegno dei nemici di Goldrake che ho fotografato quest'anno alla Fiera del Fumetto di Lucca: purtroppo il disegno era coperto dalla plastica... :29784128hj5.gif:

Ecco la foto:

Sai nulla di questo autore? :huh.gif:

Sei stato eccezionale, UFO...ti ringrazio tantissimo per aver postato questi STUPENDI disegni! (l'avevo già detto, stupendi? :rotfl: :rotfl: )

GRAZIE! :nagai:

Web  Top
venusia71
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 13:21     +1   -1

UFO!

merci beaucoup pour ces images et pour toutes les informations que tu as nous donnés.

J'adore celle-ci:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6033/gr...er011313394.jpg

merci merci merci!!!

U.F.O
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 14:00     +1   -1

U r welcome guys, and PHILIPPE D'AMBROSIO is a frenchman who is now the official artist for the art on the boxes of the High Dream products, this picture you showed us is on the back of the box of the King Vega figure :)
I really like Jerome's piece with Vega and all his officers around him, I hope to find it in high resolution some day :)

And here is his site:
www.jerome-alquie.com/travaux_serie_tv_de_notre_enfance.htm

view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 14:43     +1   -1

Group:
Bannati

CITAZIONE (U.F.O @ 11/11/2010, 14:00) 
U r welcome guys, and PHILIPPE D'AMBROSIO is a frenchman who is now the official artist for the art on the boxes of the High Dream products, this picture you showed us is on the back of the box of the King Vega figure :)
I really like Jerome's piece with Vega and all his officers around him, I hope to find it in high resolution some day :)

And here is his site:
www.jerome-alquie.com/travaux_serie_tv_de_notre_enfance.htm

Thanks for the information about Philippe D'Ambrosio: in fact, now that I remember, the picture was just on the back of a box with the model of King Vega! You guessed right in! Congratulations! :clap: :clap:

I also looked at the site that you have indicated: Jerome Alquie is really great! :face8.gif:

Thanks for your answers, you were very kind. ... :nagai:

Grazie dell'informazione su Philippe D'Ambrosio: in effetti, ora che mi ricordo, l'immagine era proprio sul retro di una scatola con il modellino di Re Vega! Hai indovinato in pieno! Complimenti! :clap: :clap:

Ho anche dato un'occhiata al sito che mi hai indicato: Jerome Alquie è a dir poco BRAVISSIMO! :face8.gif:

Grazie per avermi risposto... :nagai:

Web  Top
U.F.O
view post Posted on 11/11/2010, 14:47     +1   -1

U r welcome , and truly his site is full of great pieces of work, both fan arts and professional work related to great 70s animation series like Captain Future, Saint Seiya among others.

Freya72
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 08:44     +1   -1

Che splendidi disegni !!! Anch'io li avevo visti in giro in rete ma senza conoscere l'autore.
Ho visitato il sito e ho notato che si è cimentato con tanti altri "classici", tipo Harlock, Kimba, i Cavalieri dello Zodiaco, Mila e Shiro......
Mi piace tantissimo l'immagine con i quattro protagonisti di profilo.

dhrdhr
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 11:23     +1   -1

Jérôme Alquié is a french artist and fan of Grendizer better known for having done the art on the much controversed Grendizer french DVDs of DECLIC

Tres bien! :)

But, why were the DVDs "controversed"?

U.F.O
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 13:46     +1   -1

Because there was a long legal battle over the rights of the series, the french editor DECLIC did the DVDs without the approuval of TOEI or DYNAMIC and cited rights of the old french version, in the end DECLIC lost and paid heavily (I think about 8 millions EUROs if my memory is good) so now this version is deemed a pirate version and it was ordered withdrawn from the martket, as a ramification, TOEI and Dynamic don't see the interest in doing a new french DVD legal version , also, the Declic version is not that good.

view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 13:53     +1   -1

Group:
Bannati

I'm beginning to understand why there are so many problems about Grendizer and similar product ... not so much for the D / Visual (the company which takes care of TOEI things in Italy), but because is the TOEI to be annoying... :29784128hj5.gif:

Comincio a capire perchè ci sono tanti problemi su Goldrake e simili...non tanto per la D/Visual (che si occupa delle cose TOEI in Italia) ma perchè è proprio la TOEI a rompere l'anima... :29784128hj5.gif:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 14:06     +1   -1

Ho dei pensieri che non condivido!

Group:
Mod storici

Yes, always seen bits and pieces of his work in internet, but never too sure if there was just one hand behind them .
Thanks UFO :dio:

dhrdhr
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 14:14     +1   -1

UFO, many thanks for the explanations.

U.F.O
view post Posted on 12/11/2010, 18:06     +1   -1

U r welcome guys, also, it is known that there was a never-ending legal battle between Toei and Dynamic about the rights of Grendizer, this is why it took so long to get the Japanese DVDs which were possible only through a special agreement between the 2 parties.

21 replies since 11/11/2010, 11:21   2987 views