Go Nagai Net

Joe7 Fanfiction Gallery, Great Shadow

« Older   Newer »
joe 7
view post Posted on 9/4/2011, 13:14 by: joe 7     +1   -1

Ill.mo Fil. della Girella

Group:
Bannati

Welcome! Here you are my fanfiction: it is really long, but, if you want to know all the story in manga format, at last in general, you can click here: https://gonagai.forumfree.it/?t=46358243&st=15#lastpost

THE GREAT SHADOW

1 - The Beginning

"It's been so long since I dreamed Rubina."

But in that dream she was there, still alive, with those sparkling eyes and flaming red hair that he still looks dancing before him, in the new day. It had been many years since her death, but sometimes it seems like yesterday. He still remembers the mountain meadow with that pungent smell, where he clutched her lifeless body. Remembering this, Duke’s eyes grow damp.

"It 's strange that I remember above all that sunset."

Rubina was died when the sun began to decline. And that sunset was crimson, with clouds of undefinable colors. He cried like never before, in front of a sun of fire that was extinguished, and that emphasized the gigantic figure of Grendizer, who had a silent and indifferent expression. A giant robot could not cry, and at that time Duke, even if it was absurd, hated Grendizer for this.

A thousand memories overlap in his mind when, at one point, he recovered and returned to thinking about that dream. Last night he dreamed Rubina. But what strikes him is the nature of the dream. Rubina of the red hair did not seem happy. Of course, when Duke knew her, when she was alive, he usually saw a joy in his eyes which hid a fund of sadness, perhaps for being the daughter of Vega, or otherwise knew that only his spirit. Perhaps a dark premonition of how her story would end. But in that dream she was worried. And she said:
"Duke, the great shadow approaches. Be careful. "
Duke. His real name, which he led early, before being called Daisuke, when he was on Earth. Rubina was the only able to call him Duke in that way deep, intimate, that always enchanted him.

It was not a dream, Duke feels it. It was a warning. Something big is coming, something so terrible that even the Vega army cannot compare to this.

Hikaru stretched in the bed like a cat. She had slept well, and now she sees the light of the sun that lights up the room. With a hint of a smile, she gets out of the bed and put on her robe. For a moment she looks in the mirror and she put a hand through her hair, straightening. Her long hair were become very beautiful. She should have them grow up a long time ago.
Once Goro said to her:
"Why do not you grow your hair, Hikaru?
"Do not be silly, Goro. For one who works in the fields, long hair is a hindrance. In this way, they are more comfortable "
"And how will you get noticed by Duke, then?" He said with sly air.
"Mind your own business!" Hikaru replied angrily, and Goro had run away.
Hikaru is pleased remember: that little thug of Goro! Naida, certain with her long hair would not have been happy to milk the cows ... And since the I've come a long way, thinks Hikaru. Queen of Fleed and wife of Daisuke...
At the thought of Duke, Hikaru turns to him. He’s standing, rapt, watching from the balcony of the garden palace with a look pensive and melancholy. She had not seen that look in his eyes for much time: Hikaru realizes that something happened.

"Good morning, Duke" she says suddenly, breaking the silence. "Did you sleep well?"
Duke, deep in thought, is not responding. Then, at some point, he shake and speak in haste, as if to apologize:
"Good morning, Hikaru"
Then comes back the awkward silence. Duke is confused by what happened, and does not know how to proceed. But Hikaru resumed immediately.
"There's something wrong, right? I see from your eyes "
"And what do they say my eyes?"
"A lot of things. For example: 'I am concerned that a sudden something happened and I do not know how to say it, especially to Hikaru, because she cares about me and I don’t want to worry her. No, it’s better not to tell anyone and keep it for me'. I know your style, king of Fleed. I guessed, eh? "
Duke was surprised. Hikaru never ceased to amaze him. Only she could read in his mind like a book. Nobody, except perhaps his parents, could understand his thoughts up to that point. Nobody, also Naida or even Rubina: who knows, maybe if they spent more time with him...but the meetings with them had been brief and tormented. But Hikaru was different: Duke and her had known and studied for many years and they become one the mirror of another. The days in which Hikaru was looking at him only with admiration were past, and now her look remained, but more mature, combined with a deep knowledge of him, which perhaps had begun to develop since they had met for the first time. And he felt always so open to her to feel embarrassed: that is why he had never clearly open to her when they were together on Earth? Not only because of the torments of war against Vega, but also for fear? Fear to be deeply known by her?
Duke, driving out those thoughts that had come like a waterfall, answers to Hikaru in a tone almost of relief
"You guessed it, my queen. Yes, something happened. Last night I dreamed. Rubina had appeared to me and told me to pay attention to the Great Shadow."
"The Great Shadow? What's that? "
"I do not know. But I feel it is something serious. Maybe Rubina wanted to warn me from beyond. It was what I was thinking. "
"Maybe that Vega returns?"
"His planet was destroyed, along with his army and he is dust and ashes. We do not do novels: those who die will not return. "
Hikaru hugs Duke from behind, resting her head on his back. "So it's something else, something ..."
Hikaru stops abruptly, as if it had come up with something. Duke turns.
"What is it, Hikaru?"
"Now that I think ..." Hikaru became worried and puzzled, as if she is going to say something absurd, but perhaps not.
"Duke, you know that sometimes I like watching the stars from the telescope of Mount Jibera...because I can see the Earth from Fleed"
"I know. Why you are talking about this?"
"Because ..." Hikaru hesitated for a moment "because the other day the astronomer Larus showed me an area of space, to the west, where there are no stars."
"There are no stars? What do you say? It will be a nebula, a cosmic effect that does not make them visible to the naked eye ... "
"No. At that point, before there were the stars. Larus told me. And that black area, without stars, it looked like a giant hand. It had the shape of a hand, believe me! I did not spoke to you about this because it seemed absurd, and Larus had promised to give me some more accurate data. Also, you should take me for a fool."
Duke does not believe his ears. It's the most incredible story he has ever heard. Possible that the monstrous "hand" is the Great Shadow? After a moment of silence, Duke answers:
"It makes no sense. However, you were right to tell me about it. We're going to change us, now: the ambassadors of Geobaldi should come today. But as soon as possible I want to talk with Larus. I'd like to see things clearly."
Duke encircles the shoulders of Hikaru with one arm and kisses her to calm her.
"Do not worry," he says looking into her eyes.
"I do not care" reply with sincerity Hikaru "and neither you should. Whatever it is, we will fitting together. Come on, let’s go!"
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Next week: The enemy!

You can comment here: https://gonagai.forumfree.it/?t=38631928&st=1080#lastpost :nagai:

Edited by joe 7 - 28/9/2011, 13:57

Web  Top
29 replies since 9/4/2011, 13:14   6456 views