« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 19/1/2019, 11:30     +1   -1

Filologo della Girella

Group:

Che ne dite di questo?

Mazinger64
view post Posted on 21/1/2019, 23:05     +2   +1   -1

Ciao tutti,

I'm the spanish programmer. You can follow the updates of the project at @mazinger64 in twitter or the youtube channel.

I am a total fan of Mazinger (Mazinga for you, I know). I dreamed to play the SNES game in the 90s (it wasn't that good) and later I enjoyed the first mediatech game for PC. Both were inspiration sources for the C64 game, but I wanted to go a little further and add more elements from the anime.

But remember this is a C64 game, and the system is quite limited for today standards.. You must judge the game as an 8-bit :)

Afrodita has her own intelligence and will try to help Mazinga. Often she will be hit and must be taken to the base (just like the anime). Now you can also command her with F1/F3/F5 keys.

As there have been several italian downloaders, I plan to create a italian translation. You can play the cartridge image with VICE emulator or the C64mini.

view post Posted on 22/1/2019, 13:59     +1   -1

Filologo della Girella

Group:

Welcome! Can I suggest you to use also new music like Snes version? I love the original music but using occasionally some different music would give the game something new.

view post Posted on 22/1/2019, 22:15     +1   -1

Ill.mo Fil. della Girella

Group:
Pilota Girellaro

@Mazinger64: thank you for your explanation. I don't know how many C64 fans there are on this forum,but surely the few who are interested in your project will follow its own progress/status.
Regarding the SNES comparison, I told it because it was a really enjoayable game. It wasn't the top for that console,but it has the right feel belong the anime,it's a simple,kick-in-your-face game and it was technicall good. Of course I know our beloved C64 can't stand with SNES or the new technology,but you have to don't forget that C64 was the machine that brang us little jems like Turrican,Armalyte,excellent coin-op portings,etc. .When I judge a 2019 game,in my mind the main comparison goes to those titles,which were the BEST. I think today the standard should be equal or superior to the old great games,not inferior. So,when I saw this Mazinger Z teaser, a little disappoint came in. I would judge the complete product,of course,but what I'm seeing now seems graphically poor,slow and not so intriguing to play.
I hope my judgement will change when I'll have the chance to play to the complete game! :dribble:

Have a good time! :thx:

p.s. I think the music on your game is really cool,that's my favourite part of the game !
p.s.2 My English isn't perfect,I'm sorry.

view post Posted on 22/3/2019, 20:02     +1   -1

Filologo della Girella

Group:

In italiano!!

view post Posted on 22/3/2019, 21:10     +1   -1

Group:
Pilota Girellaro

Argh,questo vizio di tramandare i nomi farlocchi pure nei giochi realizzati nel 2018... A parte questo,bella l'idea di tradurlo in italiano. Rende bene!
Quanto all'opera,ribadisco quanto già espresso: sembra avere alti e bassi,da un lato scroll fluido e zero rallentamenti,dall'altro uno stile grafico sporco e piuttosto povero,sembra sia stato realizzato nel 1987,non 32 anni dopo... Sprites in alta risoluzione sarebbero stati sicuramente graditi,tanto più che si parla di un gioco realizzato su "cartuccia virtuale" (quindi con più memoria a disposizione e zero caricamenti). Anche i fondali sono così così,si è visto certamente di meglio.

D'altro canto, la musica è certamente il fiore all'occhiello del gioco, davvero ben sfruttato il SID con riproduzioni fedeli dei temi originali del cartone. Bella inoltre l'idea di alternali in base all'azione (quando lo Z piglia mazzate parte il tema dei mostri,viceversa torna il tema dello Z quando è lui a vincere.Geniale!) . Ora comprendo di più il ruolo di Afrodite A ,anche se continua a sfuggirmi quale sia l'aiuto effettivo che possa dare al giocatore.

Devo riconoscere agli autori una manciata di idee che rendono davvero interessante il gioco , in primis un certo grado filologico che riporta direttamente al cartone: Garada e Doublas escono dal porto , esattamente come succedeva nel primo episodio! E anche i vari attacchi, o le "battute" di Ashura e Hell, calzano decisamente a pennello e rendono l'azione più coinvolgente.

Non resta che provarlo per capire anche se varrà la pena di giocarci. Alias P,sai mica se è uscita la versione definitiva? Sono rimasto un pò indietro con gli aggiornamenti...

view post Posted on 22/3/2019, 21:54     +1   +1   -1

Filologo della Girella

Group:

Questa è ancora la preview 1.1!

view post Posted on 23/3/2019, 13:47     +1   -1

Group:
Pilota Girellaro

Per chi voglia scaricare la preview in italiano,ecco il link ufficiale....

https://mazinger64.itch.io/mazinger64/devl..._TZ_VeU37Bh4EB4

(chiaramente bisogna dotarsi di emulatore C64)

22 replies since 6/7/2018, 12:29   1901 views