Go Nagai Net

Le ragioni dell'insuccesso di Goldrake in patria: fu colpa di Koji?

« Older   Newer »
runkirya
view post Posted on 27/9/2010, 13:53 by: runkirya     +1   -1

Ho dei pensieri che non condivido!

Group:
Mod storici

CITAZIONE (U.F.O @ 27/9/2010, 14:27)
A very different point of view than the ones I read before, it may explain some things. In the arab world, we first saw Grendizer not Mazinger, and there was no super robot anime before it (as far as I know) so it was an incredible success, and not nly children loved it, i am told that in Lebanon, some managers left their works early to watch it :)
And we, as children just loved Duke Fleed, unlike japanese children who had a set kind of hero they liked, we looked up at Duke Fleed as the role model every one of us wanted to be him: a noble, sensitive , tortured , tragic man who loved and cared about people and animals , and yet a prince and an accomplished warrior who gets the job done, not because he liked to fight but because he sees it as his mission in life even though he believes he will die in the end of his irradiated wound. So, who could not love this character!? (and he drove the coolest most powerful robot ever built :) )
We saw Mazinger much later (only 26 episodes were dubbed in arabic) and they changed the names of the characters to arabic names, and the animation was much less that Grendizer, so, while we enjoyed it , it was like a pale imitation, and only much latter did we know that it is the same Kouji of Grendizer!

In the same way Italian children liked Grendizer and all the characters in the cartoon.
As for the adults, they were less enthusiastic, thinking it was violent; and the broadcasting had problems. After the series ended it was never repeated on national t.v. , it was censored, so only private t.v. went on repeating the series….
But a whole generation grew up with Grendizer and couldn’t care less about such regardless and useless judgement made, as we discovered, by people having strong prejudice an hardly looking at any episode…

72 replies since 14/9/2010, 14:36   2088 views