Go Nagai Net

Tempo, tempo... weather, weather..., How is the weather in your area?:D

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 8/10/2011, 15:22     +1   -1

Ho dei pensieri che non condivido!

Group:
Mod storici

Yes exactly saint Matin’s Summer is the equivalent of Indian summer, I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says it’s the equivalent for us.
But our way to prepare for winter is…taste the first wine and chestnuts ( how is it we always think about food?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ).
Though I think the tradition around where I live says that according to the weather we get during saint Martin’s day we can guess how winter will be ( mild winter for a warmish day, cold winter for a chilly day…more or less)

Chibi_invincible
view post Posted on 8/10/2011, 15:43     +1   -1

ah, l'été indien...it reminds me a french song by Joe Dassin ;) Thanks for the explanation of the origin of the expression, we use it very often here but I didn't know its origin...
Here it's finished, we had two days ago almost 26° at the afternoon...and since yesterday we have 10°, it's windy and it's raining. Autumn is here now...

AramisCB
view post Posted on 10/10/2011, 13:15     +1   -1

It is not easy to take good photos of the mountains where I live, because we are "in the middle".

When we want to see all the mountains by going away, we are too far and mountains are "on" the mist very often...

It's my daughter Camille who took these photos by car yesterday.

A little taken away view, but "in mountain"
automn10

A view of a downward street
automn11

AramisCB
icon4  view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 00:01     +1   -1

I'm from Canada, province of Quebec and... it's a province different of the other ones, especially regarding the weather :D

1- If you ever worn a winter coat and shorts the same time, you live in Quebec!

2- If you measure distance in hours, you live in Quebec!

3- in your car, if you have already spent heating, A/C, heating and returned to the same day, you live in Quebec!

4- If you are able to drive at 80 km/h in 2 feets of snow in a blizzard without flinching, you live in Quebec!

5- If you.... already made adjustments to Halloween costumes for your children so they can wear over a winter coat, you live in Quebec!

6- If you carry cables and boosting in your car, and your wife knows how to use, you live in Quebec!

7- If the limit on the highway is 100km/h, as you drive 130km/h and everyone beyond you, you live in Quebec!

8- If driving is better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Quebec!

9- If you know the four seasons, Almost Winter, Winter, Still (*#&@?%$)@ - bad words lol) winter and the always road constructions, you live in Quebec!

10- If you find -6 degrees just a little chilly, You live in Quebec! :D

11- If you understand these jokes, you live in Quebec! :diablo:

12- If you answer no to all this, where you live? :rotfl:

AramisCB
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 01:04     +1   -1

QUOTE (AramisCB @ 3/10/2011, 05:19) 
Three years ago, there had been a record of snow fallen during all winter: more than 600 cm. The city did not know any more where to put the snow, the deposits of snow were full ! :rotfl:

There are photos of this winter's record of snow !!! :diablo: and when I took these pictures, it was not the end of winter, there were other snow storms ! :rotfl:

jpg

People living in the flats in the basement could not see any more outside. Windows were blocked by snow.
jpg

The snow fallen on parking areas was blown on the ground between the two buildings
jpg

But the "moutain" of snow had become so high as it was dangerous for the children who played it, they could touch electric cords
jpg

It reached "almost" the third floor of our building...
jpg

isotta72
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 09:33     +1   -1

LOL^^ number 7 is quite common also in Italy^^ but our limit IS 130 km/h

Thabit
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 09:42     +1   -1

Great!!
:rotfl:

view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 11:21     +1   -1

Group:
Mod storici

jpg I'm Freezing Pictures, Images and Photos I wouldn’t survive this…. I know I wouldn’t survive this….

Weahter: the southern Italian point of view
If you think 12 degrees is cold you live in the south of Italy.
If 25 degees makes a cold summer you live in the south of Italy
It everything stops after a 2cm snow fall you live in the south of Italy.
If the word winter scares the person you are talking to….you are talking to me :P

onion75
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 13:23     +1   -1

CITAZIONE (AramisCB @ 17/10/2011, 01:01) 
12- If you answer no to all this, where you live? :rotfl:

In the south of Italy

Quebec is not for me :via:
pupazzidinevebusca1

kojimaniaca
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 13:25     +1   -1

stamattina alle 5.30, quando sono uscita di casa per andare al lavoro, erano 4 gradi kerst48

AramisCB
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 13:38     +1   -1

QUOTE (kojimaniaca @ 17/10/2011, 08:25) 
stamattina alle 5.30, quando sono uscita di casa per andare al lavoro, erano 4 gradi kerst48

:onion1:
almost the same thing here this morning :D

QUOTE (isotta72 @ 17/10/2011, 04:33) 
LOL^^ number 7 is quite common also in Italy^^ but our limit IS 130 km/h

:huh.gif: GOD !!! Italians are dangerous on road !!! :foglia:

AramisCB
view post Posted on 22/11/2011, 14:23     +1   -1

-10 here at Quebec this morning at 8:00 am

Who wants to come ? :D :onion1:

view post Posted on 22/11/2011, 14:43     +1   -1

Group:
Mod storici

Very kind of you but I’m feeling a little lazy and I’ll stay at homefreezing Pictures, Images and Photos

AramisCB
view post Posted on 23/11/2011, 17:42     +1   -1

It will be better to come today, Runky : first snowstorm here ! Lot of snow, strong wind, very great weather to go to skate at the ice rink at d'Youville's place ! It's already opened ! :clap:

So, you'll come now ? :D :wahaha.gif:

patino10

isotta72
view post Posted on 7/12/2011, 15:40     +1   -1

Sul terrazzo spuntano i tulipani e ho messo le lucine di Natale sopra ai gerani fioriti.....

NON E' NORMALE!!!!!!
:via: :via: :via:

502 replies since 2/10/2011, 23:51   11062 views